How it Works
Not sure what to bring in? Do the L.O.F.T.
Clothing should be in season and no more than 3 years old.
Styles should be on-trend and in-season. See our schedule here.
Clothing should be in excellent condition. Items with stains, holes, pilling, or signs of wear won’t be accepted.
Some of our favorite brands are J.Crew, American Eagle, Coach, True Religion and Under Armour.
OUR EVALUATION PROCESS
We treat your clothing with care and thoroughly inspect every item using our time-tested quality assurance process. Items that meet our quality standards are keyed into the system and made available for sale. Some items get their photos taken and made available on our online store.
- We accept consignment Monday through Saturday, NO APPOINTMENT NECESSARY.
- No consignment accepted on Sunday
- We will look at 25 items per consignor per day. Items should be thoughtfully chosen and folded nicely in a bin or basket. (Items in trash bags will not be accepted)
- Our employees look over every item carefully
- Any items we can not accept will be returned to you that day.
- More detailed information can be found here
- You can also find our seasonal consignment schedule on the menu above or here
When your items sell the money goes directly onto your account. You receive 40% of the sale price and 50% of the sale price for items that sell over $30. Two options are available to receive your funds.
Can be used at The Loft and
both Duck Worth Wearing Locations just like cash.
Take out all or part of your account balance. Over $25 we issue a check.
WHAT HAPPENS TO MY UNSOLD ITEMS?
If your item has not sold after 90 days they will be converted to store inventory. For items priced over $50, you will receive a call with the option to pick up your item or have it donated.
Converted items are either donated directly to charity or used to raise funds to support local programs and local/national/international missions. A few groups we support; Downtown events, school PTO carnivals, ISU student groups, homeless and needy families.
A quote from one of our charities
“People are excited to see my white car arrive! One man took lots of clothes and shoes to bring to South Sudan when he travels there in July…. Thanks again”
Doing our part to reduce our footprint – Ames Smart Business Challenge